National Relaxation Day is the perfect time for dog-tired people and their pooches to enjoy some downtime together. So take this cue from the ever pet-friendly Kimpton Hotels, which is offering special packages at select boutique hotels across the country in celebration of National Relaxation Day on August 15. Your pampered pet will not be disappointed — and neither will you.
Remember, Kimpton Hotels never charge a pet fee and welcomes pets of all sizes with no restrictions on quantity either. Some of the pet amenities you can find at their hotels include:
- A personal pet welcome by the hotel’s staff. Sometimes, a Directors of Pet Relations might be there to greet you with a tail wag.
- A selection of hotel amenities and extras including plush pet-bed loaners in your guest room, food, water bowls and mats.
- A concierge list of nearby pet-friendly restaurants, parks, groomers and pet boutiques.
- Door hangers to alert other hotel guests and staff that your cat, dog, or other beloved pet is in the room.
- Courtesy bags for walking your dog.
- Nightly complimentary wine reception — pets are welcome to join the party!
Relaxation Day Packages
Black Out Digital Detox Package, Hotel Monaco (Chicago, IL)
Let’s face it, technology isn’t going anywhere. But even the most avid Instagrammers, Tweeters and texters need to disconnect, rejuvenate and relax from time to time. Take a break at Hotel Monaco in style while ditching your gadgets and devices at the front desk for this unique detox package:
- Overnight accommodations in the Tranquility Suite
- Surrender your electronic devices at check-in where they’ll be kept under lock and key until your departure
- Complimentary tech-free amenities based on your favorite ways to relax. Prior to your arrival, the hotel will ask you to complete a quick five-question form so they can have a few of your favorite goodies waiting for you.
- $30 in-room spa credit
- Late check-out, if availableRates starting at $349/night
Book online or call 1.866.610.0081 and mention rate code BLKOUT. 5-day advance booking window. You will be able to access your devices at anytime in case of emergencies.
With serenity-inducing accommodations,Hotel Palomar will greet you with:
- In-room yoga mat roll-out service
- Three-course prix fixe clean and healthy meal curated by Executive Chef Caitlin Mateo at Square 1682
- Total body workout at Pure Barre followed by a fresh-squeezed and simply satisfying juice from Square 1682
- Pamper yourself at the hotel’s neighbor Adolf Biecker Salon & Spa and enjoy 15% off all services
- Guaranteed late check-out at 2 p.m. so you can rest up and relax!
- Rates starting at $299
Romantic Revival, RiverPlace Hotel (Portland, OR)
Check in and check out with this offer of romance revisited. The hotel will help you disconnect so you can connect with your loved one by keeping all your personal electronics in a private office safe while you spend a special night with that special someone. This package includes:
- Bottle of sparkling wine
- Local chocolate truffles
- Luxurious and local Rose City bath amenities
- A private bath butler (upon request) to draw you a personal bath in one of our luxurious tubs
- 2:00 pm late checkout
Book online at www.riverplacehotel.com using the rate code: PROM
Serenity Suite, Topaz Hotel (Washington, DC)
Topaz Hotel’s premier guestroom, the Serenity Suite, is spread over 475-square feet in which to reenergize, featuring a king bed and separate seating area with a 37-inch flat screen TV, pullout sofa bed and a full wet bar stocked with organic products. True to the suite’s name, guests can enjoy relaxing amenities when booking the suite including a serenity waterfall, soothing noise machine, complimentary sleep mask, and an aromatherapy diffuser stocked with calming scents.
- If you want want total relaxation, you can surrender your electronics at the front desk in exchange for a complimentary $30 in-room spa credit
- Rates starting at $439/night
Book online: http://www.topazhotel.com/
Got a favorite way to relax with your favorite furry friend? Tell us about it in the comment box below!