LAN Pet Policy
What kind of pets does LAN allow?
Household pets such as dogs, cats and small ornamental birds
Can I bring my pet in the cabin with me?
Only service animals will be allowed in the cabin and only if the route allows it.
Can I check my pet as baggage?
Is there cargo service?
Yes, for other species of animals and unaccompanied pets
What are the fees?
Pets are subject to an excess baggage charge as an extra piece of baggage under the same policies and rules of charges according to weight ranges applied to pieces of normal baggage, except the transport of seeing-eye dogs, service monkeys accompanied by their owners and rescue dogs.
What are the weight/size limits?
- Height: must allow the animal to stand without any part of its body touching its roof.
- Width: must allow the animal to turn round (equivalent to twice its width).
- Length: must allow the animal to lie down normally.
What else should I know?
- This service must be requested through LAN’s Contact Center or LAN Sales Office at least 48 hours prior to the flight as it requires confirmation.
- Animals must be at least eight weeks old.
Where can I obtain more information?
Visit LAN or call 866-435-9526 from the U.S.
Please share your pet-travel experience on LAN with The Jet Set Pets’ community in the comments section below.