L’Auberge Del Mar welcomes petite pooches, meaning those weighing 15 lbs. or less. This Southern California beach resort reminiscent of a private, coastal estate in lovely Del Mar, Calif., underwent a $25 million renovation in 2008 and later followed up by becoming pet-friendly, naming Sofie as its mascot.
As ambassador, Sofie is happy to share her favorite places to go in the area with visiting pampered pooches. The hotel, which charges $75 per stay for a pet, requires guests checking in with their four-legged friend to sign a document stating that it has read and agreed to the hotel’s pet policy:
- My pet weighs 15 pounds or less.
- My pet is not aggressive and is well socialized with other animals.
- My pet’s vaccinations are up-to-date and current, and he/she is free of ticks and fleas.
- My pet will be with me and under my care at all times. I further understand and agree that I will assume financial responsibility for any damage that occurs due to leaving my pet unattended at any time. I further agree to pay a $100 fee for all instances of complaints related to my pet causing a disturbance to other guests.
- My pet will be on a leash or in a carrier and under my control anytime we are outside the room.
- I understand that my pet is not permitted at KITCHEN 1540, Waterfall Terrace, meeting and event spaces, at the resort pools, or at Spa L’Auberge at any time. Pets are welcome in the lobby, exterior grounds, and in the guest room.
- My pet will be cleaned off when he/she is wet or dirty, using provided towels prior to letting them in the guest room.
- I will clean up after my pet and dispose of any waste in a marked trash receptacle.
- I will notify the resort of any pet “accidents” immediately and request special cleaning efforts.
- I will keep my pet off of all lobby and guest room furniture including bed, chairs and couches.
- I agree to pay an extra $250 cleaning fee should my room require excessive cleaning due to soiled bedspreads, furniture or carpeting. I also agree that the condition of the room is based on the sole judgment of Management upon my departure.
- I will assume financial responsibility for any damage caused by my pet during my stay.
L’Auberge Del Mar overlooks the Pacific Ocean offering stunning views, gorgeous sunsets, refreshing dining options, a cheerful and cozy spa, private footpath to the beach, and plush accommodations by Barclay Butera. L’Auberge Del Mar boasts 112 plush guest rooms and 8 hotel suites with village, garden or coastal views. All rooms have private patios or balconies, an elegant sitting area, full marble bathrooms with signature bath amenities and custom beds & plush duvets.
Just steps from the hotel are the shops and restaurants of Del Mar Village, and scenic hiking trails at the Torrey Pines State Reserve. Nearby, enjoy golfing at exclusive courses with panoramic views, in the summer watch horse races at the Del Mar Racetrack, or simply enjoy all that Southern California and San Diego have to offer.
Ranked among the top resorts in the world by Condé Nast, L’Auberge Del Mar is a part of the Destination Hotels & Resorts collection. It is located 20 minutes north of the San Diego International Airport and 90 minutes south of Los Angeles.
L’Auberge Del Mar
1540 Camino Del Mar
PO Box 2889
Del Mar, CA 92014