The Principality of Monaco is uber pet-friendly and there is no quarantine. Monaco Pet Entry Regulations state that pets must have an ISO pet microchip. Cats, dogs and ferrets from Continental France bound for Corsica do not need a rabies vaccination.
WARNING: animals without the necessary certificates will be returned to place of origin or destroyed. The regulations below also apply to pets travelling between metropolitan France, French Overseas Departments, French Overseas Territories or transiting if they leave the airport.
1. CATS AND DOGS are subject to special regulations (EC) No. 998/2003 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
For more information and details contact a French embassy/consulate or the French Ministry of Agriculture (www.agriculture.gouv.fr).
Passengers are advised to call the following phone number: 33-1-49558472.
EXCEPTIONS TO THE ABOVE RESOLUTION:
a. Cats, dogs and ferrets from Continental France bound for Corsica do not need a rabies vaccination.
b. cats and dogs from the United Kingdom do not need a rabies vaccination if holding:
– Sanitary Certificate issued 10 days or less before transportation; and
– certificate that the pet has been residing in the United Kingdom for at least 6 months prior to departure or since birth;
c. animals from the following countries do not require the blood test neutralizing rabies virus: Andorra, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Ascension Islands, Australia, Bahrain, Barbados, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Isl., Croatia, Falkland Isl., Fiji, French Polynesia, Jamaica, Japan, Liechtenstein, Mauritius, Mayotte, Monaco, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norway, San Marino, Singapore, St. Helena, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Pierre & Miquelon, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Switzerland, U.S.A., Vanuatu, Vatican City and Wallis Isl. & Futuna Isl.
– the following breeds recognised as DANGEROUS BREEDS (CATEGORY 1) are prohibited: any dog of the type Staffordshire terrier (without a pedigree), American Staffordshire terrier (without a pedigree)( Pitbulls ), Mastiff ( Boerbulls ), Tosa (without a pedigree). Breeds classed as GUARD DOGS (CATEGORY 2), with a pedigree can be imported into France: Staffordshire terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiler, Rottweiler and any dog of the type known as a Rottweiler without a pedigree, Tosa. Consult a French embassy or consulate for special requirements for import of category 2 breeds and also the carrier for any regulations regarding the transportation of such breeds;
– puppies and kittens less than 3 months old. If more than 3 months old: maximum 3 animals (only one of which may be a puppy or a kitten). If arriving from the U.S.A.: max. 5 animals per family. Every animal must be at least 3 months old (or otherwise travel with the mother).
2. BIRDS: allowed per family: 2 birds of the Psittaciformes (parrots) order and 10 birds of other small species. It is required to hold a health certificate, executed by a licensed veterinarian in the country of export within 10 days before the arrival and showing that the animal is free of evidence of disease.