Locating a pet-friendly hotel in the New England area is now easier thanks to a compilation of “hosPAWtality” listings on the New England Inns & Resorts Association’s (NEIRA) site, which also allow travelers to book from the site.
Sample packages that are sure to please the most pampered pooch include:
• Doggie Birthday Package (Nonantum, Kennebunkport, ME) – celebrate your pet’s birthday in style! This package includes two night accommodations in a pet-friendly Portside Lodge Guest room, breakfast in bed for your pet, breakfast for human guests in the dining room, a specially made doggie birthday cake, a nail and teeth treatment at Reigning Cats & Dogs for Fido, a facial or massage at Cottage Breeze Day Spa for one human and all the amenities for furry friends including dog beds, treats, bowls and toys. Available Sunday – Thursday, now through Oct. 13. Starts at $749, plus tax. Gratuities are included.
• Paws for a Cause (Harraseeket Inn, Freeport, ME) – This super pet friendly resort gives 20% of its pet accommodation fees to the local no-kill shelter, The Coastal Humane Society. For only $25 extra you can add your dog to your room and receive a fluffy, fresh dog bed, a can of dog food, baggies for clean-up and bowls for eating and drinking. For extra fees, dog owners can order a keepsake doggie bag with toys and treats, fresh raw or cooked meals for Fido or a half-hour dog walk by a professional.
• Canine Adventure Package (Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, MA) – The Fairmont Copley Plaza welcomes four-legged friends with their own Canine Ambassador, Catie Copley. Guests will get one night’s accommodation in a newly renovated room, a “Pawtographed” copy of Catie Copley’s children’s book titled “Great Escape,” a walk with power pooch Catie Copley herself and a stuffed Catie Copley dog. Rates start at $269 per night and this package is available now through Dec. 30, 2011.
• VIP Package (Hawthorne Hotel, Salem, MA) – This package features room service for the guest and their pet, a special welcome treat for the pet and discounts to local pet store, Living with Pets. Rates start at just $171 per night, taxes not included.
• A Pawfect Stay in Vermont (Wildflower Inn, Lyndonville, VT) – What could be more exciting to a dog then 570 acres to explore? Package includes two nights lodging, free stay for dogs, a copy of the Stephen Huneck book “The Dog Chapel,” 20% off at the Stephen Huneck store, one $25 voucher per adult for dinner at Farm-to-Table restaurant Juniper’s and a welcome bag for four-legged friends. And the Stephen Huneck Gallery and Dog Chapel at Dog Mountain are mere minutes from the resort. This package starts at $510, including taxes, for two people and one dog.
Additional HosPAWtality can be found online at www.NewEnglandInnsandResorts.com.
The association is comprised of New England’s most distinctive, independently owned and operated lodging properties and many of the lodgings are also members of Historic Hotels of America, Preferred Hotels and Select Registry.
There is also a free NEIRA App which travelers can use to explore the New England Inns & Resorts Association’s many member properties, view information and news on individual properties and plan a vacation to New England.