The Park Hyatt New York touts itself as “Bark” Hyatt now that it has collaborated with Amanda Hearst, founder of ‘Friends of Finn,’ a committee of The Humane Society of the United States. As a part of its unprecedented relationship, “Bark” Hyatt New York has revealed a Very Important Pooch (VIP) program, offering a customized collection of extraordinary services and amenities catering to the needs of dogs of all sizes, available exclusively to Park Hyatt New York’s canine guests.
In addition to unprecedented offerings for pups, Park Hyatt New York will also donate $100 in honor of each special four legged guest to show its support for the organization. Park Hyatt New York’s hospitality and personalized luxury extends to guests of all kinds.
As the artistic curator behind the VIP program, Hearst created a collection of custom services and amenities with luxury and style including a NYC Doggie Guide, which combines the art of Parisian elegance with quintessential New York inspiration. The guide includes the city’s most eloquent locales for pets, such as high-end pet boutiques, unique spa destinations and pet-friendly pools. Illustrated exclusively by Connecticut-based boutique children’s brand, Sophie + Lili, the NYC Doggie Guide features Hearst’s most beloved pet-friendly activities and destinations within a 10-block radius of the hotel. Hearst created the VIP program as part of her latest work for Friends of Finn, The Humane Society of the United States committee she founded in honor of her puppy mill rescue dog Finnegan.
Park Hyatt New York is a proud supporter of The Humane Society of the United States and Friends of Finn’s efforts to eliminate puppy mills, inhumane commercial breeding operations which emphasize profits over the welfare of the dogs. Park Hyatt New York’s ‘Very Important Pooch’ program, offered to all canine guests, includes:
- Amanda Hearst-curated NYC Doggie Guide, featuring custom illustrations by Sophie + Lili
- Exclusive access to seasonal looks for pups curated by Barneys Fashion Office and Brooklyn-based Love Thy Beast
- An a la carte menu for canine specialty services including dog walking service, off-site grooming and custom tail-or made jackets from Love Thy Beast
- Savory delights including a custom flavor “Haute Dog” canine treats from Nesbits and a Chef Sebastien-inspired organic dog menu
- Identification tag with hotel’s name and telephone number
- A comprehensive canine loaning library, offering dog bed, food and water bowl, rain wear and personalized chalkboard placemat to ensure canine guests feel right at home
- Complimentary essentials such as paw wipes, Kong classic treat-dispensing toy with all-natural almond butter and waste bag dispenser
- Pup welcome letter from General Manager Walter Brindell
“It’s a pleasure working with a company who is genuinely concerned with the wellbeing of our canine pets in addition to being a world-renowned icon in the luxury travel industry,” stated Hearst. “Friends of Finn has found a like-minded company with Park Hyatt New York and I am confident that together we’ll make a substantial impact in our efforts to promote the humane treatment of dogs nationwide through the work of The Humane Society of the United States.”
“We are thrilled to be collaborating with such a forward-thinking philanthropist like Amanda Hearst who continues to inspire us with her tenacity and genuine concern for our canine counterparts,” stated Walter Brindell, General Manager of Park Hyatt New York and Area Vice President, Park Hyatt Hotels North America. “As a fellow dog owner and devotee, I recognize how important it truly is to offer pets the proper treatment they deserve, and our team has dedicated much of our time and efforts to ensure that Park Hyatt New York will be world-renowned for its unparalleled services and amenities for our four-legged companions.”