If you and your four-legged friend are headed to Washington, D.C. for the 100th celebration of the National Cherry Blossom Festival, taking place March 20-April 27, take a look at packages from some of these pet-friendly hotels:
Let W Washington D.C. put the cherry on top of your 100th Anniversary Experience of the Cherry Blossoms. Join in the celebration when you reserve one of the packages below.
- Rates from $269 per night
- Complimentary cherry tree (redeemed after departure) as a gift from Starwood Hotel
- Offer is valid for stays through April 27, 2012
- From $299/night
- Wonderful room
- Celebration Amenity for two: Cherry Cake Pops and champagne
- Two signature cherry inspired rooftop cocktails overlooking the Cherry Blossoms
- Book online or call 877-822-0000 for stays through April 27, 2012.
- Available March 23 – May 31, 2012
- Starting from $819 USD per night
- Overnight guestroom accommodations in a One-Bedroom Suite
- Two bikes including a bike tour to ride along the Georgetown Waterfront to the Tidal Basin to explore the Cherry Blossoms (bikes are a one day rental)
- Cherry chocolate s’mores and cherry inspired cocktails for two in front of the hotel’s wood-burning fireplace
- Cherry-inspired dinner for two in Degrees Bistro
Enjoy the first moments of spring just steps away from the Madison with the 2012 National Cherry Blossom Festival. Join us in celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Gift of 3,000 Cherry Trees from the city of Tokyo, the iconic blossoms announcing the arrival of spring to the entire Nation.
- Overnight accommodations
- Breakfast each morning
- Parking Daily
- Cherry Festival Information
- Survival Back Pack (sunscreen, chap stick, maps, disposable camera, snacks, bottled water and metro passes)
- A special Cherry Blossom Festival amenity in your room
- This package starts at $389 and is available March 16 – April 16, 2012. Based on availability. Restrictions may apply. (see below for deal when paired with airfare)
The National Cherry Blossom Festival is the nation’s greatest springtime celebration. The 2012 Festival includes 5 spectacular weeks of events featuring diverse and creative programming promoting traditional and contemporary arts and culture, natural beauty, and community spirit.
The 2012 Festival commemorates the 100th anniversary of the gift of the cherry blossom trees and the enduring friendship between the United States and Japan.
Airfare deals and packages
Those looking for airfare bargains should check out CheapOair, which is offering airfare deals for the following:
- New York to Washington D.C. starting at $141
- Boston to Washington D.C. starting at $204
- Miami to Washington D.C. starting at $257
- Chicago to Washington D.C. starting at $298
- Los Angeles to Washington D.C. starting at $334
- The Madison – starting at $235 per night
- Donovan House – starting at $252 per night (this property becomes a Kimpton hotel at the end of March)
- Omni Shoreham – starting at $271per night
- Morrison House a Kimpton Hotel – starting at $239 per night
*Sample hotel rate listed for travel from March 20, 2012 through April 27, 2012 and is based on availability; additional dates and locations available. Taxes and service fees included. Sample airfare is listed for the above origins/destinations. For reservations, visit: http://www.cheapoair.com/travel/promos/flights-hotels.asp