Although the package is available until Dec. 31, what better time than May to head to the nation’s capital and enjoy one of the most dog-friendly destinations in the country.
The Puppy Love package starts at $375 and includes the following:
- Overnight accommodations in a deluxe guestroom
- In-room pet accommodations
- Welcome amenity for guest and pet
- Complimentary parking
Pampered pooches will also have the opportunity to order from a specially created IRD (In-room Doggy) Menu, and select from entrees including Original Beef & Rice, Best Beef & Barley, Perfect Pooch Pasta and Tail-Waggin’ Turkey. All entrees are offered at $17.25 per meal.
“As a long-time dog owner, I am especially pleased that we are a pet-friendly hotel and that our guests can enjoy their stay with their dogs,” said General Manager Adriaan Radder. “The hotel’s location, near the national mall, the Tidal Basin and the nearby open spaces of Hains Point make it the ideal getaway for guests and pets.”
For reservations, please contact the hotel directly at +1 (202) 787-6140, toll free (888) 888-1778, or visit www.mandarinoriental.com/washington. The Puppy Love package is subject to availability and is applicable for pets 40 pounds or less.
National Pet Month runs April 1-May 6 in the United Kingdom and all of May in the U.S. Its mission is to:
- Promote the benefits of pet ownership
- Support pet adoption
- Make people aware of the benefits of pets for people and people for pets
- Increase public awareness of services available from professionals who work with animals
- Raise awareness of the role, value and contribution to society of working companion animals
We think every day should be Pet Day.
What are you doing for National Pet Month? Please share your thoughts with The Jet Set Pets Community in the comment box below.